The next deadline for Media Fund applications is Friday, October 9, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. HST. This call is for Production or Completion funding applications only. Click here to get to the Media Fund application.
Please contact email@example.com with questions no later than two weeks prior to the deadline.
We now have a separate call for R&D funding. To learn more, please visit our R&D Funding page. The next deadline for R&D applications is Friday, January 8, 2016.
About Media Fund
Media Fund has four funding calls per fiscal year. Two calls for R&D funding applications, and two calls for Production or Completion funding applications. Applicants may apply with only one project per call. Each Media Fund call has four phases, and the entire process from Phase 1 to Phase 4 can take up to 10 weeks.
Media Fund is a very competitive funding initiative. Typically only 10 to 15 percent of projects will receive funding. It is not uncommon for a project to go through many funding calls before it is recommended for funding. It is not a grant. PIC provides funding in exchange for exclusive broadcast rights in the US and its territories in the form of a license agreement.
PIC’s Independent Review Panel considers the following issues when reviewing projects for funding:
- Compelling storytelling.
- Accurate and authentic representation of the Pacific Islander experience.
- Programs that shed light on the Pacific Islander experience.
- Programs that provoke thoughtful dialogue about the subject.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject as well as a thoughtful and sensitive approach.
- Programs to be shown on national public television.
- Programs in the R&D, Production, and Completion (Post-Production) phases.
- Effective production and fundraising plans.
- Competent creative and production teams that can complete the program within budget and on schedule.
- Programs in which Pacific Islanders hold key creative or production positions.
- Programs that adhere to PBS standards of objectivity and balance.
- Single non-fiction programs of standard broadcast length [56:46 or 26:46; in rare cases, when the story warrants it, PIC will consider feature-length programs] in accordance with PBS broadcast specifications. For narrative programs, please read more about PIC's Short Film Showcase.
Learn more: Media Fund