The Media Fund application for Production and Completion funding is now closed. Please check back for the next submission deadline.
Please read the Funding Criteria, Eligibility Requirements, and Funding Contract Terms on the Media Fund page to make sure your project is a good fit. For application instructions, go to the How to Apply page.
Media Fund provides up to $50,000 in Completion funding for single programs of standard broadcast length (56:46 or 26:46). In rare cases, if the story warrants it, PIC will consider feature-length programs in accordance with PBS broadcast specifications. Producers applying for Completion funds will need to enter into an exclusive four-year public television broadcast rights license for the U.S. and its territories.
Projects that qualify for Completion funding are ones that have already completed the research and development and production phases and are continuing post-production work. Producers applying for Completion funding must have at least 80% of their total budget raised in order to apply for funding.
Media Fund does not provide funding for completed projects seeking distribution. This would be considered an acquisition. For more details on submitting your film for acquisition consideration, visit Series Acquisition.
Along with filling out an application form, you must also submit the following application materials:
- Project Description that communications the project's idea with as much detail as possible
- Work-in-Progress (WIP) in the form of a trailer or scene selects
- Sample Work - a previously completed project that best represents your storytelling abilities
- Key Creative Personnel – list of key creative personnel (e.g. executive producer, producer, director, editor, director of photography etc.) including names, roles and brief bios; and letters of commitment for secured personnel.
- Detailed Budget that includes income and expense for the entire project beginning to end
- Detailed Project Timeline for completing the project
- Audience, Distribution, Promotion & Engagement plans
- Training Plan that explains how this project will provide specific training or internship opportunities for emerging Pacific Islander producers or technical talent
Failure to submit any of the above listed items will result in disqualification of your proposal.
The application process is completely electronic and we no longer accept hard copies of applications. Please review the information on the How to Apply page for more details on application materials and evaluation criteria.