Reports To: Executive Director
Supports: Executive Director & Director of Program Development & Content Strategy (DPDCS)
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Starting Salary: $38,000
The Communications Coordinator works with the Executive Director and DPDCS to create, implement and oversee internal and external communications strategies that effectively describe and promote the organization and its programmatic activities while ensuring continuity in branding. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, flexible, takes initiative and is proactive, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with producers, co-workers, contractors and the general public. Cultivating positive, ongoing and impactful relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including within intercultural environments, is critical. This position requires the ability to help develop impactful and streamlined messaging on a national and regional level.
- Works with vendors and staff to ensure quality control of organization’s brands across all promotional materials, website and social media channels.
- Collaborate with staff to execute and create new promotional strategies to increase awareness about the organization, its content and its programmatic activities to the public through traditional and online press and the public television system.
- Work with DPDCS to develop, implement, and track creative strategies to build organizationʻs audience and to encourage deeper participation with the organization through social media.
- Regularly make updates on a daily basis, driving discussion and managing responses across organizationʻs website, social media channels, and other networks while carefully managing PIC’s brand and online presence.
- Create and release newsletters in collaboration with staff.
- Create press releases for new seasons of Pacific Heartbeat and distribute to local and national media outlets.
- Work with graphic artist and other contractors to create new institutional promotional materials for the organization, and occasionally update existing institutional promotional materials.
- Gather and analyze metrics for organizationʻs social media channels and website to report to staff, and use in various reports and grant applications.
- Run and maintain a weekly promotions meeting with staff.
- Take photos and record video at PIC events to use in promotional materials and social media.
- Create and archive past promotional and outreach campaigns.
- Participates in annual planning for the organization.
- Generate and send broadcast carriage reports to producers on a bi-weekly basis for premier broadcasts, and broadcast performance reports to producers on a quarterly basis.
- Edit short videos for promotional use.
- Build upon and manage social media influencer database.
- Works with website developer to update organizationʻs website features and troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Research affinity groups, cultural and community groups, and educational institutions to assist with outreach and engagement activities.
- Work with outreach consultant and graphic artist to create discussion and educational guides for Pacific Heartbeat.
- Creates process documents.
- Assists with development activities.
- Provides ED and DPDCS with periodic administrative assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years experience in a promotions and/or marketing, developing and maintaining external relationships.
- Proficiency on Macintosh platform, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, video editing software.
- Proficiency on all social media channels.
- Refined but fresh approach to graphic design.
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience with gathering and analyzing metrics and data to make high-level recommendations.
- Experience organizing and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Understanding of paid, earned, and owned social media coverage.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, high-performing environment.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Strong initiative with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to positively and constructively contribute ideas and feedback to the team.
- Ability to positively address disputes or conflict.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, respectful to colleagues, good time management
- Knowledge of video production and editing.
- Knowledge of the public television system.
- Knowledge of Pacific Island cultures.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit organizations.
- Familiar with video and projection equipment, video connectors, and electrical safety.
- Own car and auto insurance.
Health, dental and vision and life insurance benefits provided. Optional participation in company Simple IRA.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. No calls please.
PIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.