PIC Media Makers Series presented by Pacific Islanders in Communications (PIC) in partnership with the Creative Industries Division, Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT) and the Hawaiʻi Film Office.
PIC Media Makers Series is a comprehensive development program that assists local media makers in their quest to create a sustainable business, develop quality content and locate funding.
Throughout the remainder of 2019 Pacific Islanders in Communications will hold workshops that will focus on:
- Providing a necessary knowledge base to start and run a successful small business
- Technical and business training programs
- How to leverage existing partnerships and industry relationships
- Identifying proposal opportunities
- Creating a Hawaiʻi Media Consortium (HMC)*
Check back to see when the workshops will begin!
*The Hawaiʻi Media Consortium will be created to:
Identify significant Film and Media projects providing opportunities for local media makers
Partner and work strategically with each other.
Become an effective advocate for the HI Film and Television Industry.