The Producers' Post is a regular update intended to keep producers informed on announcements, upcoming deadlines and events and anything else of interest. To be notified when a new post is up, please subscribe to the PIC newsletter. Included in this month's post:
- Program Deadlines
- Festival Deadlines
- Funding Deadlines
- Job Opportunities
"A new challenge put forth by the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI) and AAPI Data is asking the public for solutions in the ongoing push for more data on the country's growing Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) population."
- 2016 Call for Submission - 2016 Creative Lab Hawaii, October Program
- New Frontier Story Lab - Sundance Institute - October 14
With an emphasis on story, this Lab supports artists who are developing interactive, immersive, or experimental projects that aim to create rich and resonant experiences for audiences. The New Frontier Story Lab is open to a wide variety of storytelling disciplines, forms and story designs.
CAAMFest is the nation’s largest showcase for new Asian and Asian American films, presenting approximately 130 works in San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland. Since 1982, the annual festival has been an important launching point for Asian American independent filmmakers as well as a vital source for new Asian cinema.
FIFO is continuing its journey, whether in the islands or preparing for the next event. While the Festival teams travel around the Polynesian islands armed with images from FIFO to remote populations, the FIFO Association opens registration for the 2017 edition
- Media Fund - Production and Completion Funding - October 7
- Oregon Public Broadcasting - Find out what positions are available
- POV - for Filmmakers - Resources for filmmakers, including video interviews with master nonfiction storytellers, articles with filmmaking tips, and news about funding and calls for entries. Also over 50 documentaries from POV series free to watch online.
Categories: Producers' Post