The next Completion funding deadline: October 7, 2016, 5 p.m. HST. Production and Completion funding have the same deadline. For application information, visit Media Fund Application. Please contact email@example.com with questions no later than two weeks prior to the deadline.
Media Fund provides up to $50,000 in Completion funding for single programs of standard broadcast length (56:46 or 26:46). In rare cases, when the story warrants it, PIC will consider feature-length programs in accordance with PBS broadcast specifications. Producers applying for Completion funds will need to enter into an exclusive four-year public television broadcast rights license for the US and its territories – this is not a grant.
Projects that qualify for Completion funding are ones that have already completed the research and development and production phase and are continuing post-production work. Producers applying for Completion funding must have at least 80% of their total budget raised in order to apply for funding.
Media Fund does not provide funding for completed projects seeking distribution. This would be considered an acquisition. For more details on submitting your film for acquisition consideration, visit Series Acquisition.
Along with an application producers must also submit the following application materials:
- Work-in-Progress, which should be a rough cut (for a 26:46 program, not to exceed 40:00 and for a 56:46 program, not to exceed 70:00)
- Sample Work(s)
- Project Description that communicates the program idea [including Description of Work-in-Progress/Sample Work(s)]
- Project Timeline for the completion of the project
- Detailed Budget that reflects income and expenses for the entire project (R&D, Production and Completion)
- Target Audience Description that explains why the program is appropriate for public television and its impact on Pacific Islander communities and a national audience
- Fundraising Strategy that includes specific funding sources and amounts
- Training Opportunities Description that explains how this project will provide specific training or internship opportunities for emerging Pacific Islander producers or technical talent
- Key Personnel Resumes of committed or proposed key personnel
- Key Personnel Bios of committed or proposed key personnel
- Letters of Commitment (e.g. key personnel, advisors)
PIC recently got a little greener. While the application and application materials have essentially stayed the same, we are no longer asking for hard copies. Please review all the information in the Media Fund Application section to review what’s involved with our new online process.